Thursday, July 15, 2010

Whistlin' Dixie





Aloha Friends!

After a loooong day of being in the air, I'm here! I am still trying to wrap my head around this whole experience...but for now I'm on a moment to moment basis. My aunt met me at the airport with a beautiful lei of fresh flowers. Gorgeous fusias, creams, violets, indigos, corals; and the smell...so sweet and heavenly, I never want to take it off. Now that's an official Hawaiian aloha!

There is so much beauty here. My senses are alive, my mind is clear, and my heart is open. I watched the sunrise this morning and it was nothing short of amazing. When I was imagining what it would be like, I had a sense that I would feel my grandmother out here. She passed away four years ago. I feel her presence from time to time, especially in times of need. I asked for her guidance the night I decided to move out, and she answered me. I was falling apart in the courtroom the day of my divorce, and she sent me a sign to give me strength. Yesterday I was panicing on my flight from Detroit to Los Angeles, and she was there too. We were behind by about 45 minutes, and I was afraid I was going to miss my connection to Honolulu. Luckily, my departure gate was two gates from where we landed. What are the chances in such a HUGE airport? I boarded the plane, found my seat, and settled in. All of a sudden, I was wrapped in the scent of her perfume. Good ol' Dixie! It felt like the warmest, most delicious hug, gently reminding me that she was watching over me the whole time...and to RELAX! What a way to start my journey in paradise...




(As Dixie always said)
"Make it a good day, Hun!"

Love,
Court



Taken from the upper lanai off my aunt's
bedroom at 6am this morning! Enjoy!


[Things that made me smile (so far) today: Watching the sunrise, eating breakfast and writing on the lanai...




No comments:

Post a Comment