Friday, July 23, 2010

Baptised


Aloha friends!


Well it is day ten in paradise, and each proves to be just as spectacular as the last, discovering something new at every turn. Yesterday was yet another beautiful day, and I once again hit the beach with my book and journal.




I tried a new spot out, one with endless privacy and shore as far as the eye can see. To the left you can see it wrap around as far as Honolulu, dotting the coast with its white, sparkling buildings. The waves were immense, thundering on the shore...back and forth...in and out...inhaling and exhaling. It felt like the earth was breathing. And all by myself, sitting on my blanket, I felt so connected to the rhythm of the ocean. It drew me in, as if to say 'Come, let me wash over you.' I sat at the water's edge, letting the waves crash right into me, over me, lifting me up and then gently setting me back down. I felt cleansed, baptised..the strong waves pulling away the guilt, embarrassment, heartache I had been carrying around for the last year. It left me feeling open, warm, free, and filled with an overwhelming sense of forgiveness, love, and peace. The sun slowly lowering itself in the sky, the breeze gently playing in the background, warming and cooling my golden skin right on cue.






I am so blessed to be here, to do the work that I needed to do on myself. To be able to just BE. I feel strong, satisfied, fulfilled. I haven't worn makeup in 5 days...I feel confident and beautiful, comfortable in my own skin. Beauty and happiness is everywhere here. Just this morning while I was running, I discovered a sea turtle on the beach! He was big and beautiful, laying on the warm sand, soaking in the sun. We could be great friends...I've been doing nothing but that since I've been here!





Happy Weekend!
Love to you all,
Courtney
[Things that made me smile today: The sea turtle, Jamba Juice smoothies, happy hour tonight with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment