Friday, July 16, 2010

Blue Lagoon(s)

Aloha!



This morning I was up with the sunrise again, and although I've never been an early riser, so far the jetlag/time change is working out in my favor. Because, as you can see, the sunrises are beyond worthy of the early start. Since the beginning of my stay, there has been heavy cloud cover each morning over the mountain range above Honolulu, and has been a treat to see how the sun will dance its way out from behind it. Yesterday there was a firey fusia burning from the inside of the clouds, as if the sun was preparing something extra special for the day. This morning was more monocromatic with its silvers, slates, and greys; beautifully different, but equally stunning. The rays reached down so far out of the sky, like spot lights, leaving you wondering if you could reach out and actually touch them.



After starting my day with such intensity, it felt great to bypass the coffee (who needs it here, really?) and head over to KoOlina Bay. It is a quick ride down the highway, no more than two or three songs on the radio, at best. It is a community of resorts, townhomes and timeshares laced along a series of four lagoons. There is a path that echoes the shore, buffered by manicured lawns, palm trees, and flowering bushes. It is the most beautiful place, to date, that I have had the joy of lacing up my running shoes and exploring. So after grabbing some cardio around the four lagoons, I slipped into my bathing suit and went for a dip in the clear turquiose waters. There is not a better motivation to workout than that, my friends. And promptly after my swim, it was back to my delicious vacation read--'Eat, Pray, Love' (quite the appropriate selection, you think?).
I'm already feeling a shift in myself...I feel like I can breathe this beautiful air into my lungs deeper than I ever thought possible. When I close my eyes, I can feel it travel down my shoulders, arms, legs, swirling around my core like a hug. With each exhale I shed a tiny piece of me that I don't need, leaving behind the person I was, and rebuilding the me I want to be...
Warmest Aloha!
-Courtney
[Things that made me smile today: Watching children play in the lagoon, drinking a Guinness (or two!) as I write this, listening to island music as I drive around by myself.








No comments:

Post a Comment