Sunday, July 11, 2010

Happy- From the Inside Out

So...here I am, and here I go.

I've never been much of a writer, and I'm not sure if what I have to say is 'bloggable,' but I'm jumping in, nonetheless...I'm all about pushing myself to places I've never been right now in my life (locationally, physically, emotionally), and am thinking this is a great way to document my journey. I'm headed to Hawaii for five weeks. Yes, FIVE. You read right. I can't believe it...I have never felt a greater need to get out and see more of the world. I am blessed to have a wonderful aunt that is letting me stay with her and I plan to take full advantage and see as much as possible.

It's three days until my journey begins...I'm feeling so many emotions right now. Moving out of my apartment was bittersweet to say the least. The last seven months have been nothing short of life changing. My marriage ended, I lived on my own for the first time, dated as an adult, made amazing new girlfriends, met someone special, laughed, cried, and drank lots of champagne. I would not change the last six years of my life for anything. If one thing I've learned is that it is your job to make sure you are happy. You can't rely on anyone else to do that. And if you are happy from the inside out, then everything great will follow. I'm grateful for the series of (un)fortunate events this year...it's help me identify what I want to put value on and what is really important to me. I am ready to shed the last six years and begin fresh...

Well, I did it. My first blog. I know it wasn't mind blowing, overly witty, or all that interesting-now that you mention it. But it is the beginning of something great. I can just feel it.

Good night friends...
-Court




[ Things that made me smile today: Hearing my dog snore, eating dinner on tv trays with my dad, starting this blog (Yay!).

1 comment:

  1. Great job Courtney!

    You deserve only the BEST Life has to offer to you. Enjoy your Journey!

    Love,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete