Sunday, September 12, 2010

82 and Sunny

Oh Friends! It's been a while...and I'm happy to say I'm back to it. I feel inspired and ready to share again. This blog, although small, has surely surprised me. I didn't realize how much fun I would have writing it, how cathartic the process, or how many people would actually follow (and enjoy!). I am starting a new path tomorrow, and have made a choice to try and write everyday. I like the way it makes me feel, think, see the world. It makes my eyes wider and my mind open. I have no idea where this writing will take me. If nothing more than a vehicle to ride on through this transition into my new life, then perfect.

I am so pleased with the path I am on. I am excited every day, I feel very lucky to be here. There will be time in my life when routine will be my routine. And I hope I'm at a place that I can enjoy that with a smile, knowing I am supposed to be right there at that very moment. Over the last few weeks, I have really made a commitment to myself. It started with more of a light bulb moment, actually. Sometimes that is how it works, and lately, I've been at a few turning points punctuated with these light bulbs. The most recent, is my new mantra. And yes, I have a mantra. I'm moving to Hawaii and have a mantra. The last ten months have been the best of my life. How is that possible amidst such chaos? I think and think and think about how great my world has been. And the common denomination boils down to this: I took control of my happiness. I did everything that works for me, weeded my garden, and put my happiness first. I realized that it is no one's responsibility except my own. Now I know that is far from profound, but sometimes its easy to forget that it is our job. Only our job. It would be selfish to expect anyone else to put my happiness first, I suppose. So I promised myself that I will do everything to make myself happy. Really happy. I want to live far from mediocrity. It's all about choices and I choose being happy. Sometimes the jump is scary, but the other side is so much better. And I'm happy to be moving and trying on a new life. See how it fits. I want to make the most out of my existence. Now that is not to say bad weather doesn't roll through- thunder through sometimes- but I strive for 82 and sunny (with low humidity, preferably).

So tomorrow, it's time to jump.
Three flights, two layovers and a complete day of traveling later...my new life begins.


Aloha Friends!
Courtney


[Thinks that made me smile today: Beautiful babies playing in the pool, starting a new journal, finding inspiration.

3 comments:

  1. Courtney,
    I am utterly amazed and surprised at what you are doing with your life. I wish you the best of everything. Now I have someone to visit in Hawaii. I, as always, will keep you in my prayers and in return promise you will keep in touch!
    Uncle Johnnie sends you his best along with kisses and hugs. We love you very much!!
    Safe travels! And keep your piece of mind, it is very healthy and has made me think, and for that I thank you.
    Much Love!
    Mary Beth & Uncle Johnnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. BRAVO!!! You are doing what most of us only dream of....follow your heard and soul and you will never go wrong. My love to Timothy and I love and miss you too. Peace Love & Happiness on you new journey.... slow down and breathe deep...
    Peace,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete